Signs Of An Energy-Efficient Heater

Heaters keep our homes at a comfortable temperature during the chilly wintery days and nights. However, this does not mean we can use them continuously without giving breaks. Using heaters continuously can force you to contact an HVAC company in Lawrenceville for HVAC repair services.

If you notice that your energy bills are increasing for no apparent reason, your present appliances may be the reason for this, especially your heating appliances. Here are the three accurate signs that heater owners can look out for to know whether their heaters are energy-efficient or not:

Age

On average, the expected lifespan of a heater is 15 to 20 years. If you serviced and maintained your heater in the right way, your heater can work for up to 20 years, but a poorly managed heater will last up to 10 years.

One of the best ways to know about the energy efficiency levels of your heater is to know its age and the number of repair jobs it needs each year. If the total money spent on your heater’s repair is more than half of the amount of a new heater, you should start saving money to invest in a new system.

Bills

The components in your heater will lose their working capabilities and levels with the passing years and wear and tear. Since they will not remain efficient, they will need more electricity to work for more hours to maintain your home’s right temperature and comfort. A gradual and unexpected increase in your electricity bills is due to old and inefficient HVAC appliances.

You can compare the bills of the same month last year with the current month’s bill. If you did not make any significant additions in the house regarding electrical appliances and you cannot find the real reason, your heating system may be at fault. You may need to contact an HVAC company for an HVAC installation in Lawrenceville, GA.

AFUE Rating

AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) rating determines the percentage of your heater’s efficiency. If a heater has an 80% AFUE rating, the heater utilizes 80% of the fuel provided while the remaining 20% of fuel goes to waste.

Suppose your heater is more than ten years old. In that case, it may have a lesser AFUE rating, which means that contacting an HVAC company in Lawrenceville for HVAC repair for your current heater is futile as the parts have lost their efficiency. The heater wastes more fuel than it should. No matter how efficient your heater is, it will waste a lot of fuel while working.

Owning an energy-efficient heater with a high AFUE rating ensures that your hard-earned money does not go to waste due to higher electricity bills and wastage of fuel. If you are looking for an HVAC installation company in Lawrenceville, GAAir Master is your right choice.

Our skilled technicians will offer you the best affordable heaters for your home, and our professional installers will install them flawlessly for the highest efficiency levels. Contact us at (770) 277-6788 to know more about our services.