Are you purchasing an AC unit this summer, or are you unsure about the replacement service? Do not worry, because an AC installation technician in Alpharetta, GA, will tell you everything you need to know about the AC replacement service. Continue reading for more info!
When To Start Looking For a New AC System?
Time is essential in every aspect of life, even replacing the AC unit. Local utilities and state government rebate programs offer savings on new air conditioning systems on your old AC system if it is in better condition. So, it is necessary to look for hints and take action at the right time!
Here are some hints according to our AC repair experts in Lawrenceville, GA, that indicates you will need a replacement service soon:
- Frequent calls to AC repair technicians.
- Water leakage does not stop after so many repair services.
- Maintenance service cannot lower the loud and disturbing noise.
- Minimum quality service.
- Increased electricity bills.
Moreover, if it has been more than twelve years since you purchased the AC system, it is the perfect time to sell it and buy a new one.
Size Is An Essential Factor To Consider While Air Conditioning This Year!
If you think buying an AC system is a simple task, and you can buy the perfect air conditioning unit by just hopping on the first HVAC company center, you might bring the wrong system to your house.
Numerous factors need to be considered before buying an AC system, especially the size of the AC system. AC system size helps to calculate the energy consumption required to cool down the living space.
It is better to buy an accurate AC system because buying a massive or smaller capacity unit will lead to different problems.
Buying a massive AC unit will lead to a higher electricity bill and short cycling issues. On the other hand, if you buy a smaller AC unit, the refrigeration process will run longer, causing the compressor to take more load.
How To Find An Accurate Size AC Unit?
You can get help from an AC repair technician in Lawrenceville, GA, to help you find the AC unit size that fits perfectly for your home. The technician will conduct an inspection service to consider numerous factors like dimensions, windows, and doors and prepare a report.
Almost all AC company technicians use Manual J calculation to find the AC system size. But you can roughly calculate the AC system size; all you need to do is follow simple steps:
- Step 1: Multiply the required room’s dimension (length×breadth)
- Step 2: Multiply the answer by 25.
- Step 3: Now, divide the answer by 12000
- Step 4: Subtract the answer by 0.5
AC System Size According To The Room Square Footage
We have provided a list that will help you decide the AC system size you need to cool your living space area in square feet.
- A 1.5-ton AC system is required to cool an area of 600-1,000 sq ft.
- A 2-ton AC system is required to cool an area of 1,000 – 1,500 sq ft.
- A 3-ton AC system is required to cool an area of 1,500 – 2,000 sq ft.
- A 4-ton AC system is required to cool an area of 2,000 – 2,500 sq ft.